If you’ve ever had to change the name of a device on Google Family Link, you know it can be a pain. Thankfully, there’s an easy way to do it – and it doesn’t require any coding!
Here’s how to change the name of a device on Google Family Link:
- Log in to your Google account.
- Click on “My Family Link” in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Next to each family member account, click on “Edit Name.”
- Enter the new name for the device in the “Name” field and click on “Save.”
- You’re done!
FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
How do I rename a device on my Google Account?
If you have more than one Google account, or if you share a device with someone else, it can be hard to remember which account owns which devices. To make things easier, you can change the name of a device on your Google Account. Here’s how:
Sign in to your Google Account. Click My Account . Under “Your devices” on the left, select the device you want to rename. Click Device info . In the “Name” field, type the new name for the device. Click Save .
That’s all there is to it!
How do I rename device?
Google family link allows users to manage devices, groups and messages from one central location. Changing the name of a device on Google family link is easy.
How do I change my Android device name on Google Play?
If you’ve ever changed your Google Play account name or password, you know that you can also change the name of your Android device. Changing the device name is especially helpful if you have more than one Android device and want to keep track of which one is which.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Google Play on your Android device.
- Under “My Apps & Games” in the left sidebar, click “Google Play Services.”
- Under “Device Info” on the right, click the blue “Name” field and type in a new name for your device. (Note: You can’t change the name of an existing device.)
- Click “save.”
Your new name will now show up in all of your Google Play games and apps.
How do I change my child’s device on Family Link?
If your child has a different name on Family Link than their Google account, you can change their device name on Family Link.
How do I rename a device on Google?
If you have a Google family link account, you can rename a device on your behalf. To rename a device, sign in to your Google account and go to Family Link. Click on the devices you want to rename, and under “Name” select the new name for the device.
How do I rename a connected device?
If you’re trying to rename a connected device on your Family Link account, there are a few different ways to go about it.
- Log in to your Family Link account and click on the Devices tab.
- Click on the name of the connected device you want to rename and select rename from the menu on the left.
- Enter the new name for the device in the New Name field and click Rename.
- If you’re renaming a child’s connected device.
- You’ll need to enter their current age in the Age field before clicking Rename.
- If you’re renaming a family group member’s connected device.
- You’ll need to enter their email address in the Email address field before clicking Rename.
Your renamed device will now appear under Devices in your Family Link account and any associated settings (such as parental controls) will be updated with the new name.
How do I change the name of my tablet?
If you have a Google Family Link account and your device is registered with that account, you can change the name of your device on Google Family Link.
How do I find my device name?
If you have an account with Google Family Link, you can find your device’s name by going to Family Link > Devices. On the left side of the screen, under “My devices,” you’ll see a list of all of your devices. Under each device, you’ll see its name and a link to set parental controls for it.