If you’re 12 years old or younger, you might be wondering if you can have a Google Account without being signed in to your parents’ Google Account. Well, the short answer is yes – but it’s not always easy. In this article, we’ll show you how to set up a Google Account for yourself without using your family link, so that you can have access to all the cool features of Google services like Gmail and YouTube.
FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the applicable age for Family Link?
It is possible for a year old to have a Google Account without Family Link. However, this does not mean that they have full access to the Google Accounts. A year old will only be able to access the basics of the account, such as search and Gmail. They will not be able to add friends, manage their settings, or sign in with a different account.
What happens when you turn 13 on family sharing?
If you are a year old and want to create a Google Account without using Family Link, you will need to sign out and sign back in. When you turn 13 on family sharing, your account will become independent and you will no longer be able to access it through Family Link.
You can continue using your Google Account with or without Family Link. If you do not have a Family Link account, you can create one by going to google.com/accounts. If you have a Family Link account, you can keep using it after turning 13.
How do I change my Google account from child to normal?
If you are a year old or younger, you may need to have a parent or guardian sign you up for a Google account. This is because Google accounts for children are called “family links.”
You can change your Google account from child to normal by following these steps:
- Go to https://www.google.com/accounts/OVERVIEW and sign in.
- On the left side of the page, under “Your account,” click “Change your account type.”
- Click “Family link.”
- If you have a parent or guardian who can manage your account.
- They will be able to sign in on your behalf and make changes to your account.
- If you do not have a parent or guardian who can manage your account.
- You can set up a passwordless sign-in using your phone number or email address.
- After your parent or guardian signs in.
- They will be able to change your password and add other people as authorized users on your account.
How do I change my child’s device on family link?
If you want to give your child a different device, such as a tablet, computer, or phone, you will first need to change their account on family link. This is where you will be able to set up a new password and account for your child.
To change your child’s device on family link:
- Log in to family link.
- Click on the name of the child you want to change the device for.
- Under “Family Link Settings,” click on “Device Accounts & Passwords.”
- On the right side of the screen, under “Device Accounts & Passwords,” click on “Change Device Account.”
- Enter the new password for the child’s account and click “ Change Account .”
- Your child will now have a new device with a new account!
How do I change my age on Google if im 13?
If you are 13 or younger, you can’t use Google Accounts without Family Link. If you want to use a Google Account that isn’t affiliated with your family, you need to create a separate account.
Can you change child’s age on Family Link?
Yes, you can change a child’s age on Family Link. To do this, go to your child’s profile and select the Edit Profile button. On the Edit Profile page, under Age, you can choose to change the age to any number between 0 and 18.
What happens when your child turns 13 on family link?
When your child turns 13 on family link, they will be able to create a Google account without needing a parent or guardian. This means that your child can access all of the same Google products and services that you do.
However, there are some restrictions that apply to children who have accounts without family link. For example, your child cannot use their account to purchase items from the Google Play Store or the Google Store for Education. Additionally, your child cannot use their account to sign in to other websites with their username and password.
If you have any questions about how your child’s account is functioning, please contact Google customer support.